Thursday, August 19, 2010

Park and Bark

I'm doing temporary office work right now.  I haven't visited Cubicle City in a while but I have to say the 'perks' that keep us all sedated towards efficiency are kind of nice.  Especially to the short-timer.  Sort of like staying in a hotel.  I don't really want to live there, now that I'm over ten.  

Ice machines are the bomb.


Busy day.  I got two emails from the guy in the cubicle I share a wall with after I received the task of punching holes in about 20 pages of paper from the guy in the cubicle diagonal to us both. Exhausting after two instant hot chocolates and four trips to the bathroom.   I kept wishing my POV was from the ceiling.  


I picture the giggling woman down the hall stepping one leg out of her office to sing an aria over the maze.  I see quiet guy, angry guy and curious guy joining in one by one.  Heads popping up and down above and below their own half-office-walls.  I want the young, sharp, female director I am assisting to march briskly past my entryway, stop, reverse, and face me...boldly stare over my head and open her mouth as wide as she can...let out an awesome, floaty note that goes on for 90 seconds......add violins....cellos....a ballet dancer leaping over my wall...tall, intellectual, executive VP of course...spotlight...kodo drums...a DRAGON...


...but then the phone rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment