Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Weird To Be Right

I caught a glimpse of Larry King Live last night.  I told Greg I thought Larry King was looking a little, well, tired.  Greg mentioned Larry King was about to retire.


I wouldn't for one second consider I am the gal with her finger on the tipping pulse of this world.  As a matter of fact, I'm way behind in this... who am I kidding... ALL breaking news.  But I think it's odd when things fall out of my mouth that can only come from my armchair philosophical, observational experience.


Even though the show is titled "Larry King Live" I expect that producing executives wouldn't dare let this iconic program dwindle off. Milk it until it's dry and then until it's dust and then until somebody gets horrifically offended and sues... it rebirths but loses money in a court battle but gets enough publicity to get noticed for another season... then it finally dies only to be dug up 5 years later as a movie, a book, Broadway show or television series. Will they call it, Larry King Live Except That He's Not Here Anymore?


So I asked Greg:


"Who's replacing him, Ryan Seacrest?"


I was joking. 


Ryan Seacrest has been Dick Clark's protegee for the past few years. I always get teary when he waxes Dick's car every New Year's Eve, thanking him for the opportunity to fill a king's shoes.  I have too much respect for these men to full-on make fun of Ryan, Dick or Larry. But come on, it's kinda funny. Ryan, the hearse chasing host?  Ryan, Dick and Larry walk into a bar...


Greg answered me:

"Yeah, I think."

My mouth dropped and I found this on line: Larry King

I'm getting old.  Maybe Ryan will take over my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment