Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Temptress

1:35PM

"Hey!"

"How's it going?"

"It's going well! I like it here. They have this big event next week and they are totally slammed. I've been sent out to buy stuff for the tables. Everyone is really nice."

"That's good."

"Yeah.  What are you up to?"

"Ahhh, you know, still researching schools. Making sales calls but I'm way behind. There's so much to do. A lot of these places have deadlines in November and December. Plus, there's the GRE..."

"You can do it!  I'll help you!"

"Sweetheart, this is a BIG deal.  I don't even know what I'd want to study yet."

"It doesn't matter!  Just pick something!  I'll help you gather the paperwork and letters and you study and take the GRE and we'll get everything together next week!"

"Sweetheart.  It doesn't work like that."

"We'll talk tonight.  I have to get back.  They're really..."

[Together.] "...slammed."

"Yeah. I like it though. It's tempting. Nice office. Nice people. It's make up!"

"You've been there a day. I thought you wanted to write."

"I do. I'm just thinking about money. I don't know. Corporate is so tempting. Benefits. Nice money. Maybe I should do it for a while if they ask? I think they may ask? I really like it here. But... I don't know. I haven't written anything yet this week."

"We'll talk tonight."

"I love you."

"You too."

No comments:

Post a Comment